Rainbow Hospital For Women & Children, Hyderabad
- Posted on in General Hospitel
Rainbow Children’s’ Medicare was set up in Hyderabad in 1999 by Chief Promoter Dr. Ramesh Kancharla MD (Paeds), MRCP(UK), MRCPCH(UK). He has over all experience of 25 Yrs. He obtained membership from Royal College Physicians, London. After working in advanced pediatric and neonatal units for five years he moved to London for and further trained in pediatric liver diseases and transplantation from Kings College Hospital, London. He was subsequently trained in children’s gastro intestinal diseases from Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital (one of the most advanced tertiary care hospital) and Royal Free School of Medicine, London.
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Chirla MD, DM(Neonates), MRCPCH(UK) Specialist in neonatology (UK), Neonatal Fellow(Australia) has joined Dr. Ramesh Kancharla was inducted as Investor and Director of Company. He has extensive experience in the filed includes membership in national emergency transport team in Australia, working in Bristol Children’s Hospital , membership in Royal College of London and accredited member for CCST, UK.
Dr. Ramesh Kancharla’s aim at Rainbow Hospitals is to provide high standards of care for the mother, fetus, newborn and children so that none of them is deprived of a tertiary care facility.
Growth indicators includes
- Establishment of Pediatric and Prenatal center with state of the art level 3 Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units in the heart of Hyderabad, AP. setting the benchmark in Neonatal & pediatric intensive care, this hospital has played a major role in saving thousands of critically ill children & delivering the high risk pregnancies with dedicated departments of Fetal medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology and pediatric subspecialties (Neurology, Hematology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology and liver diseases, Metabolic and genetic disorders, Pediatric surgery etc)
- State of the art the IVF (In vitro fertilization) Centre, equipped with latest equipment, located at high tech city of Hyderabad. First time in Andhra Pradesh, IMSI (Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection) implemented at Rainbow fertility centre for severe male factor infertility & repeated unexplained IVF failure.
- Increase of bed capacity of the Group from 50 (1999) to 270 bed capacity(2011) with spread Hospitals in multi city level.
- Increase of Patients visiting the Hospital from grown from less than 5 / day / in initial days to 40 / day / 2011.
- Doctors Strength in the Hospital is over 75 which include Consultants, Registrars and Panel Doctors. Further referral Doctors panel includes 1,000 across the Country.
- Certifications from Country’s prestigious Certifying agencies such as NABH , ISO 9001:2008
- The group specialises in paediatric, neonatal intensive care and obstetrics services. It has a currently operating at 270 beds with an average occupancy rate of 80 per cent.
- Rainbow Hospitals has also been academically oriented in its approach and has several ongoing post graduate programs in its academic calendar. The Hospital have DNB (National Board of Exams) program for the subjects of pediatrics, DNB in Neonatology and Fellowship in National Board (FNB) in Pediatric Critical Care and Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) fellowship programs in Neonatology and pediatric Critical Care. Rainbow Hospitals, Hyderabad is linked with other branches of Rainbow hospital through Video conferencing system.
Over the years the hospital had several achievement that is Rainbow Hospital is winner of “Healthcare Awards – 2010” awarded as “Best Children’s hospital in India” While the Hansa –The Week Research Survey of 2010 adjudged us the 4th best pediatric Hospital in India and the Best children’s hospital in Andhra Pradesh. Besides that Rainbow Hospital, Hyderabad is First NABH Accredited Corporate Children’s & Perinatal Hospital in India. Team of Pediatric Surgery are operating the maximum number of children by minimal invasive methods like Laparoscopy & Thoracoscopy. Pediatric Surgeons has successfully delivered Largest series of laparoscopic pyeloplasties in India and the Largest series for infant laparoscopic pyeloplasties in the world. These awards and honors have made our work ever so much enjoyable and challenging.
Vision over Expansion Plans:
Dr. Ramesh Kancharla is having a vision of establishing in in India over coming five years 1,000 bedded Hospital Group for Pediatric Tertiary care centers with state of the art level 3 pediatric and Neonatal Intensive care units well supported by multiple pediatric subspecialties in various cities across India with plans as detailed below:
- 175 bedded Hospital in Bangalore, Karnataka
- 150 bedded Hospital in Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- 200 bedded Hospital in Health City located at Hyderabad, A.P.
- 70 bedded Hospital in Visakhapatnam City, A.P.
- 125 bedded Hospital in Vijayawada, A.P.
- 125 bedded Hospital in Health City located at Visakhapatnam A.P. Andhra Pradesh.